A Cliff Notes "Catch Up"

I haven't posted anything on my blog since 2006 for a couple of reasons:
  1. At the time, Wycliffe was very tough on anything published on the web by members. Specifically, we were almost universally prohibited from identifying Wycliffe as the ministry we were writing about.
  2. I just couldn't find the time to post thoughts often enough to make it worth my time as well as for anyone else to read the blog.

This has changed for a couple of reasons as well:

  1. Wycliffe's view of the use of the internet has changed significantly and now allows us to maintain a blog without constant prior review/approval by them
  2. I'm now fulltime with Wycliffe, assigned to JAARS (the technical services support part) in Waxhaw, NC. I've been settling into my role proving network and server support as well as email support to Bible translation centers worldwide. As such, I've been working on some interesting projects.

Now that I have the freedom to blog here as well as some interesteding things to write about, I hope to post news that is easier to provide friends and supporters more a real-time view of what I'm involved in (compared to quarterly newsletters or periodic emails).

Comments