Time to crank it up... again!

It should be obvious by now that this blog has become a tool to help you stay informed while Julie and/or I are "on the road" on an work assignment.  We returned from Papua New Guinea in March of last year and quickly dove back into our responsibilities back at JAARS.  We have had plenty of opportunity to use email, the phone and then a couple of extended trips north to keep many of you aware of what was happening in our lives.


So the blog went idle.


Now I'm off on March 17th to Guinea-Bissau in west Africa, a country that most people have never heard of.  It's time to begin blogging again.


This first post will begin sharing generally some about Africa and Guinea-Bissau. Soon I will share about where I'll be and what I'll be doing.  When actually there, I'm sure there will be lots of interesting experiences to share.


So how big is Africa?


How about an interesting way to introduce what I used to hear called "the darkest continent".  Take a look at this image and even click on it for a much larger and better view.



And where is Guinea-Bissau?




There is a lot that I am still learning and I'll share more next time.  In the meantime, while New England is still dealing with temperatures in the 20s and 30s (and even snow), I'll be trying to stay cool in 90 degree weather.  Of course, I'll have to take my antimalarial medicine and bug spray with me too.

Whew!


Comments