PNG Update

Many of you read on this blog or got an email about being asked to fill a temporary 6 month to one year need at the Ukarumpa Center in Papua New Guinea, a large compound in the inland highlands of that island.  I had said that I was to give an answer by this past Friday.  I learned that this short timeframe was because it takes a long time to get a visa to PNG (circled in red) and they wanted me there by early June.

Julie and I have asked many of you to pray, which you overwhelmingly have.  We have also asked many questions and, to the best we could with an 8 hour difference in times, have talked and prayed.  We feel very close to a decision at this point but decided that we would wait until Monday (in 2 days) to talk with some of the IT leaders above me and then decide, probably Monday.

Keep us in prayer.  We are looking for God to close doors that currently seem open.  If they remain open, we will still have many challenges ahead of us.  A home in SC, an unsold home in VT, the visa application process, immunizations for both of us (more for Julie), a move to prepare and pay for, and all the other unknowns.

(An arial shot of Ukarumpa)

We will keep you informed through this blog, by email and by snail-mail.  Thanks for being on this trip with me and now, with us.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Interesting picture of the town/village.

I am excited to see how God uses you guys over there. Thanks for keeping us posted with your blog.

Neil