What's happening with PNG?

I didn't mean to let it go so long since I posted some information about our reassignment to the other side of the world.  Sorry.  So many of you had been following along about my time in Kenya and, with so much positive feedback, I certainly hope to use this blog in the future.

It's hard to believe that over two weeks have slipped by since my return.  It's been good to be back in many ways.  There is still plenty of work for me to do and there were certainly many tasks waiting for me at home.  The weeds are trying to take over the lawn, I've cut the grass twice (still getting use to the growing season down here in the south), and there are always filing taxes.  I hadn't started this humongous job before Kenya and, with the extra two weeks, am more than a little bit overwhelmed with April coming so quickly.

And then there's the process of getting ready for PNG.  Even after we told JAARS that we agreed to go for a minimum of 6 months, it was over a week before any information started coming our way on what the process was and all the information and documents we needed to provide.  Wow!  Frankly, we've been advised that the application process is normally a 4 month deal and that we should not count on getting to Ukarumpa the beginning of June.  That means the outgoing fellow won't have the time to cross-train me, if at all, before he leaves for the States.

I compiled a list of all the tasks, who's responsible, and the status of each one, just to keep track of all the stuff that needs to be done.  It's good that God can handle projects like this, including being able to get us to PNG in June, if He wants to.

Comments