And I felt that way (continued)

I just woke up.  I had posted the last update just after dinner and was trying to reply to a comment from a student in Vermont.  I kept falling asleep, I was so tired.  I finally gave up around 9:30 pm.  Hey, Kathy, I'll finish the email in a little bit.

Today begins another day, which brings up the main point of the last post but which, being so tired, I just never got around to.  So here it is...

In yesterday's seemingly hopeless technical situation, I recalled another time years ago when another server crashed and it seemed hopeless that all the business and accounting data for the last six months was gone.  Where I dropped the ball was to mention that both of these situations pale in comparison to the hopeless that every person needs to experience spiritually.

Along with all other Christians, I realized at some point that, without God's mercy in providing a way of escape, I was going to be eternally punished for my sins (a word most people worldwide shun), my daily and even momentary offenses before a righteous God, my creator.  It's only those who realize that they cannot do anything, anything, anything to avoid even one small part of this judgment that we truly undestand hopelessness.

But praise to my great God that He then revealed to me that He provides a way of escape, someone (Himself) who has already stepped forward and miraculously accepted my punishment.  And all I have to do is realize this, even though I don't fully understand why, and depend (trust) on this escape (salvation) that comes because of Jesus.

So my "new day" began.  I now have an inner peace and confidence.  I wish my life showed this more externally, especially in the daily events that tend to disrupt and disorganize my life, but it's there.  I have to expect non-believers to read my blog so I am praying that you too will come to know, trust and love the God that I am serving, usually in the US, now in Africa, and in heaven for eternity.  Amen.

Have you begun a "new day"?

Comments

bel said…
I hope your day goes well, Dad. I'm sure you will figure it out. Keep up the good work. Love, Bryn
Thanks, BEL. Today has been very stable/quiet.