He's amazing but why am I surprised?

I haven’t been posting more than one entry a day but I wanted to let you know the status of the big issues I’ve been working on. God has proven faithful again, of course.

Early this morning I’d been telling the Lord how inadequate I felt/am. I came up with some ideas to try and went to the office around 8:30. In the midst of working the problem, I took time to post the entry just before this describing in fairly generic terms how I was in trouble. I then asked for prayer.

It was amazing. I tried an operation on one of the servers that was causing significant errors, expecting it to abort. It worked! I then took the next step on another server, not thinking it would give me the results I hoped for. It worked! I then let the network run for a couple hours to see if any errors reoccurred. None did! Wow and whew! “Praise the Lord, all ye people.”

As I told some of my family, there is still one warning message I’m seeing that I will want to address, but I can now relax the rest of this weekend, enjoying my first Sunday in Africa (tomorrow), knowing that we can keep on schedule.

In case you’re interested, I have been making phone calls to my family over the Internet using MajicJack, which you may have seen advertized on TV or sold in stores like Best Buy. I plug into any computer and let it dial any phone in the US or Canada for a fixed fee of $30/year. As long as I have a good Internet connection, the quality is great. My dad and daughter never expected to hear from me. It was great to talk to my grand-daughter, Ella, about African animals like elephants.

Comments

bel said…
Ella and I loved hearing from you, Dadda! I'm so glad you're doing well and that the computer problems are getting sorted out. I hope you get to go on a safari! If you find a little Kenyan dolly or stuffed African animal for Elenora, she would love it ;) Love, b
kathyw said…
When you travel and rely on those services it has to be frustrating to not be able to get service. I find it interesting that you couldn't blog, Would that be due to sensitivity of Narobi cultural values, or due to Wycliff wanting to keep a low profile about the work effort they were providing? Kathy
Anonymous said…
Hi Jon. My name is Desiree and I am part of Annisa's Communication class. I just wanted to say I think what you are doing is amazing.
Did you ever think God would "send you to Africa to use your computer skills?"