What we don't know CAN hurt ...

I'm working on the server/network problem, trying both to understand what the problem is, how bad it is. and how I can get things settled.  We need to be ready before Tuesday when the accounting package is supposed to be setup.

I've found out that the communication between the three existing network servers, known as domain controllers (DC), has been sick for many months but noone knew it.  One of them then crashed a week ago and the situation has become more complicated.  Yesterday I retired one of the three (I think a healthy one) before we became aware of the problem.  I had added one of the two new servers back in as a third DC and then noticed that things weren't right.  Now we're straddling a fence, unable to move forward and going back a few steps won't overcome months of hidden network problems.

Because it's Saturday, I will probably have to wait until Monday to discuss the situation with Omonge since it's his network and, with the network in the condition it is, there is a risk of users not being able to log in and work.  I'm still evaluating what calculated steps I can do that might solve the problem.  I'm praying for insight, wisdom and God's blessings.  Join me on this, please.

Serge and Olivia served a 99-gazillion course meal last night to me and the family in the next door apartment.  The food was delicious and there was a ton of it left over.  Their refridgerator is very small, about half the size of most American units and it already is pretty full.  Speaking of pretty full, I didn't have much appetite after yesterday's Kenyan lunch and then the comptuer server problems.  Besides I was dead tired after waking up in the middle of the night before and we only started dinner after 8 pm.  I crashed shortly after 10 pm.

Serge and Olivia are at a meeting right now but will check with me after lunch to see if I feel I can take a break and act like a tourist.  Haven't done that yet.  Might be nice.

Just a final quick reminder to pray for the server problems here in Kenya.

Comments