Another day in the life of...

Wednesday (02/24): Disclaimer time: I so appreciate all of you that have been staying connected with me through this blog. I also know that details about my work that are aimed to keep my technical peers back at JAARS informed will go over the head of others. Thanks to those of you that don’t understand for being patient and acknowledge that we all have different gifts and abilities that the LORD uses for His purposes.

Pretty quiet and uneventful day. I spent time looking at some of the shared files the users have collected over the years and that are to be moved onto a new server. One shared file area is relatively not large by today’s standards, 45 GB (gigabytes) and I found it full though no one here at the center has realized it. Upon exploring, I found that about 75% of the disk contained pictures (almost 30 GB). There was another temporary folder on that drive that I was able to clear out so that there is now about 9% free space left.

I was also trying to reconfigure the hard disks on the “new” server (it used to be the accounting server but now will be the main storage area for all the users’ personal files). Turns out that the drives are way too small for the center’s needs and Omonge was able to get approval for new drives, each 1 TB (terabyte) which will be more than enough space for many years. I expect to have them in my hand tomorrow and can keep this project going.

Helped a couple of the members here get their computers connected to the network. They had tried to add their own wireless router so that they could connect two computers into the one physical network connection in their office. I had to do a factory reset on their router and got them connected. I then configured the router so that someone standing outside their window couldn’t use the wireless ability to hack to the center network.

Cooked myself a couple of chicken breasts, covered with sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Added a baked tomato and a glass of iced cola. Not bad for a “bachelor”, huh? Since the internet connection from the apartment was not working (again), I watched Les Miserables.

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
So that was an uneventful day??? Wow!