Lord willing

So, it's almost 1 am here in Dubai. The flight on Emirates was absolutely wonderful except for the brief time when the plane, as big as it was, was tossed around pretty hard. Surprised me. The only other hard part was sitting in my one seat on my one seat for about 13 hours, except for one 5 minute break for you-know-what.

I arrived 8:30 pm local time. The airport at Dubai is huge, modern, tall in height and beautiful. It was also tremendously easier to get through immigration and hit the street as a foreigner than I could have imagined. The whole town appears very modern, really having exploded in new construction within the pasts 5 years. Everything I saw looked clean.

Because my cell phone was not working here, several locals graciously enabled me to call my overnight host (a brother of a Vermonter). I had a great time chatting with his family (and his folks who are visiting from Ireland for 5 weeks), winding down from the trip but needing to get to bed. I'm leaving for the airport again at 7 am for the final leg of the trip to Kenya at 10:45 am, Lord willing. The guys at the translation center there know I'm coming and I have their phone numbers in my pocket. Now if only my cell phone works when I get there.

"Lord willing" took on a little more meaning these last couple of days, as I ran into a long list of seeming obstacles for getting to Kenya. (read the previous posts) I sometimes just toss in the phrase, not because I don't believe it but because it's become rote, something like saying "in Jesus' name" at the end of a prayer. Now on an adventure/trip/mission like none I've ever had before, I can see the Lord working all things out for good.

These "all things" may not be easy or convenient for me, and I need to remember to say "that's okay by me". I need to remember that "all things" always bring Him glory in the final analysis and any frustration on schedules gone awry is wasted.

Keep praying for me, guys, that I find myself moving closer to the destination He has planned for me with joy. I want to see more of Jesus at work in/with/through me.

Comments